Joss THOR-IW Thor Ironwood Hammer Break Pool Cue Stick Heavy
Joss Cues through exhaustive research and development has created the ideal break cue,
”The THOR HAMMER” heavy or light.
With the use of full core technology we can deliver that one piece feel. Coupled with the phenolic joint you can get no better control and transfer of energy. There are two trains of thought regarding the break cue. A light weight cue, the “Thor Hammer Light”, you can get high acceleration and velocity to break the balls wide open for the run out. A heavy weight cue, “The Thor Hammer Heavy”, you have slower acceleration and velocity but much greater mass again to break the balls wide open. With either method you can take full advantage of Newton’s laws of motion.
Both methods work well but it is up to you to decide what works best for your type of play.
- Phenolic joint. Tests have shown that this type of joint may add 20% more ball speed off the tip.
- 5/16 x 14 stainless steel joint screw.
- Joss Layered tip. A tip that will stand up to the abuse of breaking balls with little distortion.
- Full core technology. This cue, as with all Joss cues, has a Canadian hard rock maple core through the entire butt section.
This core adds strength and stability to the entire cue, along with that one piece feel.
The Thor Hammer break cue by Joss features an Ironwood forearm, handle and butt with Purple Heart accent bands, heavy duty linen-based phenolic joint, extremely hard (and tournament legal) custom leather tip, Full Core Technology construction, and sleek wrapless handle.
- 5/16 x 14 heavy duty linen-based phenolic joint for increased ball speed
- Extremely hard leather layered custom Joss tip that can take the abuse of hard breaks
- Full Core Technology construction for added strength and stability with a one-piece feel
- Wrapless handle for slip strokes
- Made in the USA
Cue TypeBreak Cue
Joint Type5/16 x 14
Cue TipHard Leather Layered Custom Joss Tip
Ships as 'Heavy' (20-21 oz)
We Also Recommend
Cuetec Cynergy SVB Gen One Dakota Edition Pearl White 95-131DE
Cuetec Cynergy SVB Gen One Dakota Edition Black Starlight 95-130DE